Pages

07 June 2014

Gluedots and Marion Smith Designs - Welcome to our Bloghop!

Welcome to our bloghop!  Thanks for finding your way to my blog - I hope to inspire you today with an altered piece I made with Easter in mind.


I was thrilled to receive a healthy supply of Gluedots a few weeks ago, and even better still - a fabulous pink Gluedot dispenser!  Gluedots are the perfect adhesive for an altered project like mine, and as they come in different sizes (small, med, large, xlarge etc) there was no need to cut up the dots to suit.



So, I'd like to share my altered cross with you.  I started with a plain MDF cross which I painted with gesso then black acrylic paint.  I then covered the front with paper from the Nirvana Collection by Marion Smith Designs and lightly sanded back the edges.


Choosing which Junque Gems and resins to use was the hardest part really!  Since they are all so gorgeous I ended up making a random selection and just going with the flow! Little strands of dyed and distressed muslin are tucked in here and there to soften the effect.


And a few inspirational sayings added the final touches.



Here are a couple of close ups, so you can see the details...







 Thanks for joining us today on this fun blog hop!

Cheers
Maggie








13 comments:

Blue Rose said...

Maggie,
Amazing cross. I love the colors, the textures, the sayings, I just love everything about it. You did an amazing job.

Megs said...

great idea and very unique just love it Maggie. Its a stunning piece :)

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful and unique cross. Teal is my favorite color!

Miss NiceRoad said...

sweet project, and so much texture <3

dawnmercedes said...

How ornaate!! So glad to have this co hop with Marion Smith Designs!!

Hera said...

This is so beautiful! Gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing with us!

Ginger said...

Really beautiful and so inspirational. I have been wanting to do a cross and you really have inspired me.

Thank you!

DanaLHN said...

I love your cross! It's perfect. The colors are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Meme said...

Your cross is lovely. The textures are fabulous! You created such a great piece of home décor! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Peggy Lee said...

This is the most amazing altered art I have seen, cross is so special to our family....this is super fabulous...you have inspired me to create one...hugs, thanks for hopping.

Unknown said...

I have loved this cross from the first moment I saw it. Great use of the Glue Dots & Marion Smith Products. LOVe IT!

Heather said...

I dont know how I missed this, but I'm glad I stopped back, WOW. great texture and detail!!

Unknown said...

bag replica high quality g79 n2h26t9v61 louis vuitton replica g73 e8k64j3n91 replica wallets z96 f8g96z5l11